Video and Sound Production: Final compilation and reflection

1.4.2022 - 10.7.2022 (Week 1 - Week 15)
Chung Yi Ki / 0345014 / BDCM
Video and Sound Production
Final compilation and reflection


Instructions and full detailed blog posts

Final submissions

Project 1: Audio Editing Exercises

8.4.2022 - 17.6.2022 (Week 2 - Week 12)

Exercise 1: Audio dubbing

Fig 1.1 Final audio dubbing video

Exercise 2: Sound shaping 

Fig 2.1 Final phone call audio edit

Fig 2.2 Final closet audio edit

Fig 2.3 Final stadium audio edit

Fig 2.4 Final big cave audio edit

Fig 2.5 Final toilet audio edit

Exercise 3: Sound Design 

Fig 3.1 Final explosion magnification sound edit

Fig 3.2 Final monster voice sound edit

Fig 3.3 Final triple punches sound edit

Project 2: Shooting Practise & Editing

8.4.2022 - 13.5.2022 (Week 2 - Week 7)

Shooting Exercise: Framing

Fig 4.1 Final edited shooting exercise video

Premiere Pro Editing Exercise 

Fig 5.1 Final edited editing exercise video

Shooting exercise: Music Video Filming 

Fig 6.1 Final edited music video

Group shooting

Fig 7.1 Final edited video with audio syncing only

Fig 7.2 Final edited video with music

Final Project: Stop Motion / Visual Effects

1.4.2022 - 10.7.2022 (Week 1 - Week 15)

Fig 8.1 Final stop motion animation video - Drink and drive PSA


Reflection

This module was interesting and taught a lot about filming and audio throughout the 14 weeks. The thing that I enjoy the most would be the shooting practices that we did in-class. I’m especially happy that I got to experience being in a filming crew with my classmates for the third exercise in project 2 as it gave me the chance to use professional tools and learn how to work with others to create a video. Another thing I enjoy is learning about filming and video production in general. While composition rules still apply for videography as in photography, but the difference in videography is that we need to deal with moving images, so how the camera is held and how the lighting is done needs more intricate attention. Learning the techniques of videography and applying what I’ve observed from movies in practice allowed me to understand more on how to produce a work for time-based media.  

As for the overall class experience, the works do get more and more hectic as the weeks passes in this module, as we had to update our blog too and there wasn’t a specific deadline on when do projects 1 and 2 end, so I didn’t fully update them until I got project 3 done. But I’m glad that I manage to get everything done before the final deadlines. The feedbacks I’ve gotten from Mr. Martin also helped me monitor my progress throughout these 14 weeks. All in all, this was an eventful module to have taken part in during this semester. 

Comments