Interactive Design: Final Compilation and Reflection

29.3.2022 - 9.7.2022 (Week 1 - Week 15)
Chung Yi Ki / 0345014 / BDCM
Interactive Design
Final compilation and reflection


Instructions and full detailed blog posts


Final submissions

Exercises

29.3.2022 - 10.5.2022 (Week 1 - Week 7)

Exercise 1 webpage: HTML document


Exercise 2 webpage: HTML document and images


Exercise 3 webpage: Layout exercise


Project 1: Landing page design

17.5.2022 - 31.5.2022 (Week 8 - Week 10)

Fig 1.1 Final landing page breakdown slides

Fig 1.2 Final landing page design

Project 2: Working Landing Page

7.6.2022 - 18.6.2022 (Week 11 - Week 12)


Project 3: Microsite

21.6.2022 - 9.7.2022 (Week 13 - Week 15)



Reflection

Throughout these 14 weeks, the projects and exercises helped me a lot on familiarizing myself and learning about HTML and CSS coding, and of course how to use Bootstrap to quicken coding workflow. I also got to learn about how to create webpages from scratch with my own layout and content idea, which is something I also wanted to try out and glad that I had the chance to in this module. Creating the static layouts was able to let me learn about the hierarchy of a webpage and the importance of clear planning from wireframe to prototype so that the coding process would be more straightforward and easier to do. 

But as I’ve said in my reflection for my exercises, I had an interest in coding and learnt some HTML basics before so it might have helped me on grasping the things taught in this module faster. But for those who are new to coding, they might feel that the module is a bit too fast-paced mid-way through, especially when progressing from exercises to project 2 and 3. Perhaps a bit more practice and explanation using CSS in the exercises, as well as Bootstrap codes, would make the learning progress smoother.

Overall, I think this module works great as an introduction to what HTML and CSS coding entails and works to build a basic knowledge on building a website. It also lets students to see if they would be interested in coding or not. 

Comments